Maple Origins - v1.11

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Maple Origins - v1.11
Maple Origins - v1.11
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Master App Outline MUST FOLLOW

+9
shadi3
SavageXii
JoeySoeter2
Nicksterr
ilyaniya
Bacardi
jbreezy
ronaksheth94
Annabelle
13 posters

Go down

Game Master App Outline MUST FOLLOW Empty Game Master App Outline MUST FOLLOW

Post by Annabelle Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:43 pm

DO NOT USE MEMES.
If you say "u mad?" and post the troll pic, you can go burn. I'm not hiring 8 year olds who think 4chan is funny shit. Grow up.

You can also lose GM for using memes, so don't cry if you get GM and I fire you cuz I saw you saying "u mad bro." :)

All half-assed applications will be denied. If you're not going to put effort into it don't apply. Don't complain about being denied later either.

Prerequisite - required or necessary as a prior condition.

Game Master Prerequisites:

• You have to have been playing MapleOrigins for at least 2 days before you can apply.
  • Please use the best English you can, we do not appreciate people applying when they "tlk lik diz" on their applications.
  • If you start an unnecessary fight on the forums you will lose your chance of being GM. Simple as that.
  • You must be 16+ to apply for GM on Maple Origins. Please don't try and lie about your age, sooner or later we will find out how old you are.
  • You must get along with all of the current staff members. All of the current staff must approve of you for the position. If even one staff member says you don't belong on the staff, you will be denied.
  • You must be mature. And no, I don't mean you need to THINK you're mature. WE need to KNOW you're mature, if we don't think so, you won't be accepted.
  • If you are aware of another GM breaking the rules and you do not report it to the Admins you will lose your GM position.
  • Everyone gets THREE chances to apply, after that you're done.
    If you apply and fail to meet any one of these prerequisites, you will automatically be rejected. No questions asked.

Format:
To make things a little more organized, we prefer that you use our forum application outline.
Code:

What are you applying for: 

Name:

Where do you live/Timezone:

How active will you be:

E-Mail:

Hobbies:

How you'd handle a hacker:

If two people were fighting, what would you do?:

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them):

Why should we choose you:

If you saw a fellow GM, friend or not, abusing his powers what would you do?

Reason I applied:

Summary of yourself :

Extra Info:

In-game name:

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?:

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? :
If so please supply examples of what you've coded. (The actual code or screen-shots of the thing you made.)

Thank you.

Simple questions(1-2 word answers please)
1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you):
2.Have you been on Maple Origins long enough to deserve a GM position:
3.Do you help players any chance you get:
4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now):
5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Maple Origins:
A few pointers...

• Use colors! It makes your application a little easier to read. Personally, I'd avoid colors that are hard to read on this forum.
  • Add personality to your answers, humor always helps and loosens up the readers a bit. If you can manage to make me laugh from your application, you have a 75% better chance of getting hired. I like having staff who I can enjoy talking to! (:
  • Don't kiss ass.
  • Don't bug us about your application. If you ask a GM to read your application you will be denied, whether you're a good friend of a staff member or not.
  • Don't lie.

Good luck!
That is all.

Last edited by Annabelle on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 25 times in total
Annabelle
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rep : 108

Back to top Go down

Game Master App Outline MUST FOLLOW Empty Re: Game Master App Outline MUST FOLLOW

Post by ronaksheth94 Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:44 am

You should add

Have you ever been banned from SoulMS?

Mainly because we don't want previously banned players to become GM's or part of the SoulMS staff.
ronaksheth94
ronaksheth94

Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Game Master App Outline MUST FOLLOW Empty Re: Game Master App Outline MUST FOLLOW

Post by jbreezy Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:38 pm

ronaksheth94 wrote:You should add

Mainly because we don't want previously banned players to become GM's or part of the SoulMS staff.
Do you honestly believe that they would answer that truthfully? Just saying.
jbreezy
GM
GM

Rep : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacardi Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 pm

nice guys finish last go away
Bacardi
Bacardi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rep : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by ilyaniya Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:43 pm

The whole age thing is (in my opinion) really idiotic. I understand you don't want any 6-10 yr old kids trying to apply, but come on. I am 12 and I have seriously and honestly met every requirement besides the age thing. ._. But that's only my perspective. I don't know if that is just some generalization or anything but young kids can be just as mature as any teenager. Even as smart as any adult or teenager.
ilyaniya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicksterr Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:08 pm

ilyaniya wrote:The whole age thing is (in my opinion) really idiotic. I understand you don't want any 6-10 yr old kids trying to apply, but come on. I am 12 and I have seriously and honestly met every requirement besides the age thing. ._. But that's only my perspective. I don't know if that is just some generalization or anything but young kids can be just as mature as any teenager. Even as smart as any adult or teenager.

Sure that's quite possible, however, there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. Everything has age limits/restrictions; movies, games, drinking, fucking, smoking, roller coaster rides, etc... Some of those lines are fickle but Anna or Johny decided that the age limit provided is set and in no way alterable. Whether or not you disagree with the reasoning isn't of importance.

Nicksterr
Nicksterr
Banned

Rep : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:51 pm

ilyaniya wrote:The whole age thing is (in my opinion) really idiotic. I understand you don't want any 6-10 yr old kids trying to apply, but come on. I am 12 and I have seriously and honestly met every requirement besides the age thing. ._. But that's only my perspective. I don't know if that is just some generalization or anything but young kids can be just as mature as any teenager. Even as smart as any adult or teenager.

Kay, sorry, but no.
My biggest pet peeve on MS is kids at the age of 12 trying to tell me that this age limit thing is stupid.
It's there because, on average, 12 year olds ARE immature and ARE stupid and ARE annoying. Simple as that, no one ever said all of them are, but for the most part I'd rather rip my eyes out than have to GM with one of them.

The age limit will not be changed to anything below the age of 15, for many reasons. We'd rather have mature and tolerable GMs who we in no way feel the need to baby at any point in time.
Annabelle
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rep : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeySoeter2 Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Annabelle wrote:

Kay, sorry, but no.
My biggest pet peeve on MS is kids at the age of 12 trying to tell me that this age limit thing is stupid.
It's there because, on average, 12 year olds ARE immature and ARE stupid and ARE annoying. Simple as that, no one ever said all of them are, but for the most part I'd rather rip my eyes out than have to GM with one of them.

The age limit will not be changed to anything below the age of 15, for many reasons. We'd rather have mature and tolerable GMs who we in no way feel the need to baby at any point in time.

I tought the age limit was 16 not 15? :0
JoeySoeter2
JoeySoeter2

Rep : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicksterr Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:21 pm

"It won't be changed to anything below 15." =/= "Anything above 15 is alright."
Nicksterr
Nicksterr
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageXii Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 am

Bacardi wrote:

nice guys finish last go away
So true haha
SavageXii

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeySoeter2 Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:46 am

Nicksterr wrote:"It won't be changed to anything below 15." =/= "Anything above 15 is alright."

Ah, got it, thanks c:
JoeySoeter2
JoeySoeter2

Rep : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by shadi3 Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:52 pm

I disagree. I mean honestly, who hasn't been banned at some point from the previous SoulMS? If it was something severe enough that Johnny remembered, then obviously that applicant wouldn't be chosen.

As for the age requirement, yeah not going to happen. For a 12 year old, sure you might have good grammar, but that's still too young to mitigate the problems that arise almost consistently in a growing community... let alone on MapleStory of all places >_<

Anyway...time to go to class. I'll be on later if any of you guys want to catch up with me later (Teddie? Tay? or others).

IGN: Bolsifer (again)
Peace.
shadi3
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post by ste10987 Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:02 pm

[quote="Annabelle"]
ilyaniya wrote:

So can we apply if we are 15? or not?
ste10987

Rep : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicksterr Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm

no.
Nicksterr
Nicksterr
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by ste10987 Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:36 pm

-.-

Last edited by ste10987 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
ste10987

Rep : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by ρнιℓσρнσвι¢ Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:42 am

Aww, just my luck i'm only 14 =\ owell i'll apply on the day of my 15th bday ;)

ρнιℓσρнσвι¢
ρнιℓσρнσвι¢

Back to top Go down

Post by itzmejacky Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:54 am

You mean 16th birthday? The age requirement is at least 16.
itzmejacky
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Rep : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by AlejoCast Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:22 am

Lol need 3 years more , Whatever.
AlejoCast
AlejoCast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down